DILI, 13 december 2021 (TATOLI) – The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS) launched, today, the national exam for the 58.224 students of year 9 and year 12 of both private and public high schools across the country.
The national exam was officially launched by the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports, Armindo Maia, at the Farol Junior High School, in Dili, today.
“I call all students to do well with their exams so that all can pass in this final exam,” said Maia.
Of the 58.224, around 31.143 students are from 988 junior high schools, 22.223 students from 111 high schools, and 4.851 students from vocational-technical schools across the 12 municipalities, including RAEOA.
He said those students who worried too much about the exams were those ones who didn’t prepare well to sit for the exams.
Maia wishes all the students the very best with their exams: “Hoping they will do well with their exams, particularly for the Junior High School students to move up to high school and year the 12 students will go to universities.”
He urged school principals, teachers, and students to follow all the exams rules and regulations accordingly to prevent cheating and any irregularities during the 5-day national exams.
The final exams for both public and private high schools had been scheduled to take place between 13-18 december, 2021. A total of 58.224 students will complete their exams at this time.
In addition, Dili Municipality Education Director, Carlito Soares informed that a number of schools across capital Dili were flooded due to the heavy rain on sunday night, including FALINTIL high school, in Comoro village.
“The surroundings of the FINANTIL school are flooded, including several classes. Each class accommodates 60 students, but overall, the flood conditions pose no effects on the examination process of the students,” he said.
Journalist: Filomeno Martins
Editor: Nelia Borges Rosario