DILI, 25 september 2021 (TATOLI) – Timor-Leste, today, records two more deaths, 42 new cases, 103 recoveries, and the active cases were 1.045.

Of the new cases, 22 were reported in Dili, while the rest were detected in the municipalities, including five each in Manufahi and RAEOA, four each in Baucau and Lautem, and one each in Bobonaro and Viqueque.

The spokesperson of SIJK, Dr. Rui Maria de Araujo said 38 percent of today’s cases were symptomatic.

Araujo informed 12 percent of the new cases are fully vaccinated citizens, while 12 percent had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccines.

He said among the new cases, 19 were between the ages of 12 and 59, including 16 cases under 20 and seven elderly persons over 60. These new cases are made up of 23 men and 19 women.

Araujo informed that 50 of Covid-19 cases had been admitted to Vera Cruz Isolation Center, Guido Valadares National Hospital (HNGV), Lahane Hospital, and other isolation centers across the territory for intensive treatment, with eight people in critical condition, two of whom required ventilation.

In the last 24 hours, the National Health Laboratory (LNS) has carried out 210 PCR tests, including two sentinel surveillance tests, three through contact tracing, 34 via random screening, 127 were carried out following the request for travel authorization out of capital Dili, 21 for the international travel authorization and 23 in quarantines.

Today, SIJK registered two more deaths in Timor-Leste.

The first deceased was a woman in her 50s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on september 5 and admitted to Lahane Isolation Center on the same day. She passed away yesterday at around 7.30pm local time.

Another deceased was a man in his 50s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on september 24 at Manatuto Hospital. He passed away today at around 11.55am local time.

The evolution of the COVID-19 in Timor-Leste, the incidence rate of coronavirus is, on average, in the last week, of 3.9 per 100 thousand inhabitants, while in Dili 7.9, Baucau 7.4, and RAEOA 5.8.

The SIJK kept calling on communities to practice the health and safety guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Health and the WHO to continue combating the spread of the virus.

Health authorities had warned that Delta variant have already spread in the communities, calling on citizens over 18 to get vaccinated: “Vaccination is the only way to combat the Covid-19.”

There has been a total of 19.350 lab-confirmed cases of the virus in Timor-Leste, with 18.192  recoveries, active cases were 1.045 and 113 deaths, according to SIJK’s data.

In Timor-Leste, of the 754.864 eligible groups, 57.6 percent had received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, of which 34.7 percent have also received their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

 

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Nelia Borges Rosario

1 COMMENT

  1. Really ?? Tatoli journalist writes and managing editor proof reader repeatedly allows poor English such as pasted below from article as quoted from above;

    “woman in his” and “man in her”

    Please learn proper use of “his” and “her” !!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here