DILI, may 31, 2021 (TATOLI) – The Timorese Government has extended the period of home confinement in Dili for another 14 days.
The Government has also extended the Isolation Zone restricting entry and exit for Dili, Bobonaro, and Covalima for further 14 days, adding that Baucau and Viqueque will be extended for seven more days.
“The Government maintains the mandatory confinement in the capital and also approved the Government Resolutions projects that maintain the imposition of the isolation zone restricting in Municipalities of Bobonaro, Covalima, and Díli for another 14 days and in the municipalities of Baucau and Viqueque for another seven days”, said the Minister of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Fidélis Leite Magalhães, after the Council meeting at Ministry of Finance office Aitarak Laran Dili.
The Minister also affirmed that the Government maintains the ban on the movement of people between these municipalities and the other districts, except for the essential purposes for public safety and health, humanitarian assistance, maintenance of public supply systems, or carrying out activities of common interest.
According to Magalhães, there is also the imposition of mandatory home confinement for all the residents in Dili, except for the reasons previously defined, namely for health or work reasons, to access goods and services. First, need and to participate in religious celebrations and other worship events.
Magalhães said, the Government only adjusts, the authorization for citizens to leave their homes to carry out the voter registration.
Magalhães recalled that the heads of the Integrated Crisis Management Center (CIGC) informed the members of the Council of Ministers in the last 14 days, regarding the total number of infected people which has raised to 2,432 across the country, of the number 2,043 are in Dili, 131 in Bobonaro, 81 in Covalima, 55 in Baucau and 53 in Viqueque.
“Since the start of the pandemic, a total of 6,615 people have been detected infected with the new Coronavirus. Currently, there are 2,648 active cases across the country. The municipalities with the most active cases are Dili with 2,079, Baucau with 179, Covalima with 150, Bobonaro with 126, and Viqueque 35”, he said.
Magalhães added that the CIGC also presented the total population that has been vaccinated against COVID-19 to the CM.
So far, Timor-Leste has received 60,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, offered by Australia, and 24,000 doses from the COVAX facility. Since the beginning of the vaccination campaign, on April 7, a total of 76,582 citizens across the country have already received the first dose of the vaccine, which corresponds to 10% of the population over 18 –years old, ”he said.
The official also recalled that, in the Municipality of Dili, 64,005 people have already been vaccinated, which corresponds to 30% of the population over 18 years of age in the capital.
“In addition to the vaccine from Australia, 76,800 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine are expected to arrive in early June under the COVAX facility and 100,000 doses of the Sinovac vaccine from China,” he concluded.
Journalist: Domingos Freitas Piedade
Editor: Zezito Silva