DILI, march 1, 2021 (TATOLI) – The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MEJD) has decided to suspend teaching activities in the municipality of Covalima for two weeks.

The Minister of Education, Youth and Sports, Armindo Maia, said his office had issued a ministerial order regarding the temporary closure of schools learning process, however the adjustment will be made if there is a new government resolution.

“In principle, Ministry of Education suspends [school activities] until March 13. If there are any changes, we will follow the instructions” Mr Maia said at the National Parliament, in Dili.

According to the ministerial order, following the recommendations issued by the Integrated Crisis Management Center (CIGC), highlighted the suggestion for the temporarily closure of schools in Covalima municipality.

“The on-site learning process is temporarily suspended in public and private education, that have been stablished within the integrated network of educational offerings of public services, throughout the Municipality of Covalima, between February 27 and March 13, 2021”, statement underlined at the Ministry of Education Circular.

It is also underlined that the reason for the suspension in a view of increasing the risk to public health and the number of active cases across the Covalima municipality.

Following the Data from the MEJD, there are 33 schools were registered in Covalima Municipality.

It is recalled that the CIGC has recorded nine active cases of the covid-19 of local transmission in Covalima municipality, via mass testing.

Of the positive confirmed number, one is a student of fifth grades from Central Basic School in Salele, Onu Laran village Post Administrative of Tilomar, Covalima Municipality.

So far Timor-Leste has recorded 23 active infections and 113 infections since the beginning of the new coronavirus.

 

Journalist: Maria Auxiliadora

Editor: Zezito Silva

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here