The General Coordinator of the Covid-19 Nílton do Carmo da Silva

DILI, 14 february 2021 (TATOLI)— Timor-Leste recorded 1 new coronavirus case, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to date to 40, with 39 are isolated in Vera Cruz and one in Region of Administrative Oe-Cusse Ambeno (RAEOA).

“Today the National Commission of COVID-19, registers one Timorese infected with the virus, the patient is 20-year-old male travelled from Timor-Leste to Atambua Indonesia illegally via land border,” Coordinator of COVID-19, Nilton do Carmo da Silva said at the press conference.

The patient returned to Timor-Leste on February 10 via Tunubibi Bobonaro.

“He traveled from Tunubibi to Maliana with motorcycle (Ojek) and continued with his travelled from Maliana to Administrative Post of Bobonaro with Public Transport (Angguna), along with 11 passengers including the driver,” Silva explained.

He added that, the patient stopped at the Lourba, along with the four passengers walked to Bobonaro city.

The patient stay alone at Bobonaro, yet the community in Bobonaro informed the local authority to take the patient for the investigation.

“After the investigation the patient was transferred to Batugede quarantined for the test, and the result showed the patient was positive to coronavirus,” he said.

Silva said, currently the MoH Virgilian team from Bobonaro Municipality and the Security in Maliana took the driver and the assistants of driver to fulfill the mandatory quarantine at Batugede.

Timor-Leste has so far registered a total of 102 cumulative cases of covid-19, additional one new infection with actual cases is 40 and zero deaths

Journalist: Nelson de Sousa

Editor: Agapito dos Santos

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here