Odete Viegas da Silva. (Image/Egas Cristovão)

DILI, 19 january, 2021 (TATOLI) – The Ministry of Health (MS) intends to perform mass testing for covid-19 in january 25 that will be held in different public places in Dili.

The General Coordinator of the Covid-19, Odete Viegas, said that the team from the Ministry of Health has finalized the draft on the proposal regarding mass testing for covid-19, which will later be submitted to the Council of Minister for the approval.

“Mass testing will start on the 25th of this month and will be held in all public places,” said Odete Viegas, at the Ministry of Health office at Caicoli, Dili.

Viegas added that the commission also has coordinated with the National Health Laboratory to perform the screening actions, where 250 people will be tested daily, in different public places, including university institutions.

According to Odete Viegas, the MS will cooperate with the National Police of Timor-Leste (PNTL) in order to effectively ensure the process of the screening of covid-19 in different public spaces.

However, Ms Viegas asked the population to cooperate with the Covid-19 Health Executive Commission in order to achieve the objectives of implementing the screening program to prevent a possible spread of the virus.

Timor-Leste reports so far 52 cases of the new coronavirus, with 45 patients already have recovered.

Journalist: Felicidade Ximenes

Editor: Cipriano Colo

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here